August 15, 2010

So what's your point Darryl?

So what if I haven't blogged in almost a year. So what. Maybe I have nothing to say. Maybe, I don't want to expose my thoughts in public domain.

Ok, so today was a little walk down memory lane, or should I say "Reminder Lane". 2 people I hadn't seen in a while, asked if I'd been writing anything. The answer is obviously "no", I said with shame written all over my face. Why should I feel guilty anyway. It's my life, I can write if I want to, or not write.

Then I remember going out for coffee with my dad at the Coffee House, so I could tell him, I was dropping out of college, to pursue a career in writing. I gave up a practical career in Architecture, to pursue this passion of mine.

oh yeah and a few years later, I put everything on the line, money I didn't have, money I "borrowed", to move out to BC to go to school, for this same passion of mine. I came back with so much debt , but a completed diploma, with every intention of reaching for that star.

This dream chasing is not for the faint hearted. Dreamers can be fickle when faced with even the hint of failure, the scent of rejection. All the encouragement in the world cannot protect the dreamer from the cruel blows of critisism. That armour has to come from within. It is forged by our own will, our own desire to be something more.

2 comments:

  1. You are wonderful!!! Please, please, please follow this dream! I'll pray for stronger armour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    Aristotle ...

    ...cause i couldn't think of anything good to say. so Thanks for writing

    ReplyDelete